Sunday, April 14, 2013

SELL YOUR DESK

SELL YOUR DESK

 

The best performers in business don’t hide behind their desks. They know that business is all about connecting to people. When people like you and know you and trust you, they will help you. Just the way it is. Human nature at play.

The best managers get out from behind their desks and have rich and meaningful conversations with their team. They get that passion is contagious and, before someone will lend you their hand, you need to touch their heart. The best salespeople get out from behind their desks and break bread with their customers. They understand the power of relationship-selling. The best employees get out from behind their desks to collaborate with their teammates, support their colleagues and to spread their enthusiasm.

I need to be out serving my beloved clients and helping them build world-class organizations. I need to be out learning new ideas and interesting insights that will find their way onto my blog or my podcasts or into my next speech or book. Hiding behind my desk is the worst place I could be of.

“The best performers in business don’t hide behind their desks. They know that business is all about connecting to people.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment