Sunday, April 22, 2012

Leadership & Kids clothing

Leadership & Kids clothing

 

I just had a visit with the tailor who adjusts my kids’ school clothes this morning before I wrote this chapter. I’ve known him for a long time and he’s always treated us well. He’s been in business for 40 yrs, so I thought I’d get behind his eyeballs and discover what has made his business both as successful and as sustainable as it’s been. I started asking my questions

 

“Robin, there are simple principles that we’ve followed here. They’ve served me well my whole life. I actually learned them by watching my mother as I grew up. She was one of the most amazing people I’ve ever known” he said.

 

Four leadership principles from a wise tailor:

 

·        Improve: Always be getting and doing better. Never settle for mediocrity

·        Observe: Talk to the people you work with. Really listen to them. And keep your eyes on the business. Because you can expect only that which you inspect.

·        Connect: Be really good to people. Treat your customers with respect. Give them good value. Be caring and deal with any complaints fast.

·        Adapt: Conditions change. Competition grows. Uncertainty is the new normal. Stay fast. Stay flexible. Stay nimble.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment