Monday, October 3, 2011

Burn the Extra 1 Percent


Reading British GQ on a flight, the biggest idea I ran across in the magazine comes from Chris Carmichael, the coach of seven-time Tour de France-winner Lance Armstrong who said, “the last 1 percent most people keep in reserve is the extra percent champions have the courage to burn”. Magnificent thought. I hope we never forget it.

Spend every bit of your energy playing at your best and creating world class results. Offer every bit of your potential to all you do. And awaken your talents. And your inner fire. So at the end, you can say, “ I gave it my all. I did my best”. That would be fantastic. Wouldn’t it? And please remember – the opportunity for outright greatness comes at the very moment that ordinary people give up.

“The last 1 percent most people keep in reserve is the extra percent champions have the courage to burn”

(these are not my thoughts J and are copied from Robin’s book)

No comments:

Post a Comment